If you suffer from dental anxiety, you are certainly not alone. More than 100 million people experience fear and anxiety about visiting the dentist. Sedation dentistry has already helped millions of men and women receive the care they need, and it can help you too.
Who is a candidate for sedation dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is designed to help patients who experience fear at the thought of going to the dentist. If you have been putting off dental treatment for years, or even decades, you are probably a candidate for sedation dentistry. Even if you suffer only mild anxiety when you visit the dentist, you can still benefit from sedation dentistry.
Interesting Facts about Sedation Dentistry
Did you know:
- The number one reason people put off visits to the dentist is not money or time concerns, but fear.
- Following dental treatment with sedation, you will have little or no memory of your visit. You won’t even remember the sound of the drill!
- Sedation dentistry allows you to have multiple treatments completed during a single visit.
- You can choose from a variety of sedation methods, including pills, gas (nitrous oxide), and IV sedation.
- Following treatment, you will continue to feel relaxed for several hours.
- If you have difficulty getting numb, this problem will be eliminated while you are sedated.
- For some people, sometimes just the smell of a dentist’s office can trigger severe anxiety.
- Sedation dentistry allows dentists to treat people with disorders that cause uncontrollable movement, including Parkinson’s disease.
- There are no needles required to deliver oral conscious sedation, and once you are in a relaxed state you will be unaware of any needles used to deliver local anesthetic.
Talk to Your Dentist
If you’d like more information about sedation dentistry or porcelain veneers, schedule an appointment with your dentist. Your dentist can help determine which type of sedation will work best for you. Find information about sedation dentistry in Hartford and dental veneers in Hartford.